As part of the Downtown or South Congregation Team at The Austin Stone Community Church, the Groups Resident will be responsible for assisting in the leadership, training, care, and oversight of all Groups at the congregation.
The resident will be a part of the spiritual formation department of the congregation and will report directly to the Groups Director. The role will focus on helping individuals at the congregation be spiritually formed in the context of community. This role closely overlaps with the Connections and Equipping Ministries.
- Serve and lead with the congregation at all required events and activities
- Assist in the leadership and pastoral care at miscellaneous congregational environments
- Attend all required events and activities for The Austin Stone including all services, staff meetings, prayer meetings, special events, retreats, and staff development days
- Serve as a Missional Community Coach
- Provide effective administrative oversight and communication to various ministry audiences including the Groups Director
- Regularly curate effective resources and curriculum for Missional Communities to utilize
- Recruit, train, and deploy new leaders and coaches to the end that Missional Community leaders are shepherded and developed
- Ensure communities are appropriately and regularly assessed and equipped accordingly through various events and training environments
Downtown Congregation Team Culture
- Family: We interact with one another as brothers and sisters who’ve been given various roles by our Father. (Ephesians 2:14-22, 1 Timothy 6:2 ESV)
- Servants: We adopt the posture of chief servants for our entire church community who practice what we preach. (Matthew 20:25-28, Philippians 2:1-11 ESV)
- Disciple Makers: We’re committed to the development of those we lead to become effective disciples who make disciples and display the kingdom of God. (Matthew 28:18-20, 2 Timothy 2:1-2, Ephesians 4:11-16 ESV)
- Stewards: We strive for excellence in everything God has entrusted us to lead and participate in. (Matthew 25:14-30, 1 Corinthians 4:1-2, 1 Corinthians 15:10 ESV)
- Learners: We recognize our ongoing need to grow, so we seek to be humble in confessing our weakness and listening to instruction from God through His people. (Mark 1:14-15, Philippians 1:9-11, Hebrews 10:14 ESV)
These core identities of our team will dictate how we operate with one another, with the rest of our pastoral and staff team, and in the context of the wider church.
South Congregation Team Culture
- Love: We value love as it’s the foundation of all we do as a team. All of our values are rooted in the value of love. (Matthew 22:37-39 ESV)
- Honesty: We value honesty and promise to always be honest with one another. It can be challenging to give and receive truth, but honesty is a faithful gift that helps us grow. (Proverbs 27:6 ESV)
- Fun: We value fun and will always be a team that works hard, but plays harder! A fun team is an enjoyable team and we’re committed to enjoying God and one another. (Ecclesiastes 2:24 ESV)
- Loyalty: We value loyalty because it spurs trust for one another as we lead together. We’re a family. We play for each other and look out for each other. We show up for our brothers and sisters through advocacy and empathy, always looking for and believing in the good of our teammates. (Philippians 2:3 ESV)
- Sober Minded: We value being sober minded as it empowers us to be courageous, clear, and thoughtful in our leadership. In all that we do, we exhibit patience, flexibility, joy, and excellence because we’re committed to having a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. We don’t want to be slow to action, but rather be slow to negative reactions. (2 Timothy 1:7 ESV)
South Congregation Identity
- Family: Bonded by the unique brotherhood and sisterhood we have in Christ and in ministry. Always growing in trust, vulnerability, and hope.
- Advocates: For one another. For the marginalized and oppressed.
- Disciple-makers: We go to Jesus and invite others to follow us there. We teach the ways of Jesus as we grow in our understanding of the ways of Jesus.
- Servant Leaders: Our leadership is influenced, formed, and empowered by the person and work of Jesus. We lead the people of God by serving the people of God.
Austin Stone Culture
The current explicit values for The Austin Stone Community Church are:
- Ruled by God’s Word
- Christ-Centered in Focus
- Empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Reliant on Prayer
- Committed to Covenant Community
- Gospel-Saturated in Discipleship
- Devoted to Equipping the Saints
- Relentless in Mission
As a member of our staff, the employee is expected to fully embrace these core values and seek to teach them to others as well.
Employees of The Austin Stone are expected to become partners (our term for members) of the church, fully embracing the values, mission, and purposes. Additionally, all employees of The Austin Stone are expected to understand, affirm, and adhere to our Affirmation of Faith, bylaws, culture map, and other documents defining the beliefs, culture, and mission of The Austin Stone.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Culture and Character
Employees of The Austin Stone are expected to become partners of the church, fully embracing the values, mission, and purposes. Additionally, all employees of The Austin Stone are expected to understand, affirm, and adhere to our Affirmation of Faith, bylaws, culture map, and other documents defining the beliefs, culture, and mission of The Austin Stone.
Employees must also possess the character qualifications of biblical leadership in the church. At a minimum, each employee must agree and aspire to maturity in these qualifications, invite the authority of church community and leaders as a means of growth in them, and pursue them humbly and faithfully by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Please read Attributes of Leaders as Employees at The Austin Stone for a greater description of cultural, character, and other aspects of joining our team at The Austin Stone.
The Austin Stone Community Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.