Mission Lab's Story
"MissionLab is passionate about seeing lives changed through short-term missions. We’ve been loving and serving the city of New Orleans in the name of Jesus since 2000, and we want to help you engage your group in missions. We plan custom mission trips for groups of all sizes and ages throughout the year. We believe that anyone can be a missionary, and New Orleans is the perfect training ground."
The team will get to engage in the following types of ministry:
- Homeless Ministry
- International Ministry
- Food Bank
- Prayer Walking
- Kids Ministry
- Please create an account for you and your student. Then apply for the trip under the students name.
- There are questions the student will need to fill out in the application.
- The application will take between 15 and 20 minutes.
- If you are a family that has multiple people applying for trips, check out the ServiceReef How To Guide.
- Budget: The cost of the trip is based on traveling to and from Austin and includes all trip insurance, transportation, supplies, lodging and meals for the duration of the event. You can see the estimated breakdown of the budget here to learn more.
- IRS Guideline: Gifts to the For The Nations Fund are used to support the church's global mission initiatives. You may preference the use of your gift, and we will endeavor to use the funds as you desire, but in order for the contribution to be tax deductible, the church must have ultimate control/discretion as to how the money is spent.
- If a trip is canceled due to unforeseeable circumstances (including Covid-19), refunds will not be issued in compliance with the IRS guidelines. In some cases, it may be determined to allow raised funds to be applied to future trips.
- Student Drop Deadline: If a student has to drop out of the trip for any reason after April 7, the balance for each student is $330. This is to cover costs spent on behalf of your student.
- Travel: The team will be traveling in two 15-passenger vans driven by Austin Stone approved Trip Leaders.
- Lodging: The team will be staying in dorm-style spaces (bunk beds or twin-sized air mattresses; bringing their own linens and towels) owned by MissionLab.