Every year, tens of thousands of college students descend upon the beaches at South Padre Island during Spring Break. Beach Reach began in 1980 with 20 students who had a vision to reach their peers and serve the City of South Padre during Spring Break. It has progressively developed into the extensive ministry that it is today. Now, during Beach Reach, hundreds of Christian college students join together to verbally share the gospel of Jesus with those they encounter as they seek to meet their physical needs for food and transportation. This is a strategic moment to proclaim the gospel in the midst of brokenness. Join us as we meet needs in His name that we might proclaim his love to thousands of college students who invade South Padre Island during Spring Break.
- Beach Reach Hotline - Each Night spring breakers can call the hotline to request a van for a ride anywhere on the island - think church van style uber! Beach Reachers are on the van ready to engage, encourage, and share the gospel.
- Beach/Street work – During the days students hit the beach and the streets in teams to hand out hotline cards and engage anyone they pass in conversation.
- Morning Pancake Breakfast - Each morning, a pancake breakfast is served in the parking lot of Island Baptist Church. Beach Reachers eat pancakes and talk to spring breakers about Jesus.
- Midnight Pancakes - Each night, Beach Reach serves pancakes in front of Louie’s Bar, the busiest spot on the island. As spring breakers exit the club, they get in line for pancakes and van rides. Beach Reachers engage in intentional conversations, prayer walk the area, pick up trash, and help direct traffic.
- Beach Cleanup - Each morning, a team of Beach Reachers will head to Rockstar Beach to serve the city by cleaning the beach.
- Worship - All Beach Reachers gather for dinner together and a time of worship and encouragement each evening.
- Prayer - From the first night together on Saturday to the time we roll out on Friday morning, Beach Reach is bathed in prayer. The sanctuary of Island Baptist Church is converted into an ongoing prayer room for the week. Whenever teams are serving, students are assigned to be in the prayer room interceding for their fellow beach reachers, spring breakers, and the island.
- Training - Every team will do five weeks of training to prepare students for Beach Reach. The curriculum will be provided by Beach Reach in January.
This trip is $400, which includes a $100 deposit. Total cost includes transportation, lodging, meals (except for travel day meals and free day meals), and more.