And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(Ephesians 5:18-20 ESV)
- We are filled with the Spirit when come together and sing with the body of Christ. There is a horizontal spiritual impact when we sing – “…addressing one another…” Ephesians 5:19
- When you sing, you are singing so that others around you can be filled with the Spirit.
- You sing because you person beside might be battling cancer and they need to be filled with the Spirit.
- You sing because the person in front of you needs to be reminded of God’s love for them.
- We sing because there is a vertical spiritual impact when we sing “…making melody to the lord…”
- We sing out of obedience to the command in scripture.
- Mountain high or valley low I sing out remind my soul That I am Yours I am forever Yours.
- We sing out of thankfulness to God.
- God is not concerned about the quality of your voice – He is looking at the condition of your heart!
- David killed lions, bears and a giant as a kid, yet when he encountered the Lord he would shout, dance and sing!