Last modified on Wednesday, November 2, 2022, 11:00am CDT
Whether concerts, conferences, or marathons, it seems like there's always something going on in Austin. On weekends when events are taking place in Downtown Austin, be sure to leave your homes with plenty of extra time to account for traffic. If you want to avoid delays altogether, park in the Zilker lot and walk across the pedestrian bridge, or utilize our online broadcast for worship services at 9am.
Below is a map to show how to access Austin High School for the morning services.
What do you need to know?
- Your route access will be dependent on which service you come to because of the way the race is scheduled this year. Be certain to review the routes below to see which routes are open for our 9am and 11:15am services.
- When in doubt, park at the Zilker parking lot. While parking will be available, if you wish to avoid road closures altogether, you can park for free at the Zilker lot and take a short 5-10 minute walk to the high school.
North & Southbound on Lamar
Blue Route on Map
This route will ONLY be available after 8:30am.
- If you're coming northbound on Lamar, make a slight right turn onto Sandra Muraida Way and continue on until you're able to turn right onto Cesar Chavez. If you're coming southbound on Lamar, make a slight right on B.R. Reynolds until you meet the Cesar Chavez intersection where you'll turn right.
- Continue on Cesar Chavez until you reach the Austin High School East Lot. Please note, the West Lot will not be available from this direction. However, you'll still be able to park in the dirt lot behind the baseball field.
Southbound on Mopac
Red Route on Map
This route will ONLY be available between 6-6:45am and after 8:30am.
- Exit Mopac onto the Winsted exit. Continue straight toward Lake Austin Drive.
- At the intersection, continue straight and veer right towards Atlanta Street, where you'll let the police officer know you're there for The Austin Stone.
- Follow Atlanta Street until you turn left into Veterans Drive and make your way toward Austin High school.
Free Zilker Parking
Attenders will need to use this option if planning to arrive before 8:30am. To avoid any traffic concerns, this is the best option for parking for both services.
Purple Route on Map
- If you're coming northbound on Mopac, exit at FM 2244 and Rollingwood towards Barton Springs Road.
- Follow the frontage road and take a left on Stratford Drive to access the parking lot under the Mopac Bridge.
- The address in Google Maps is "Parking Lot, Stratford Dr. Austin, Texas 78746."
Green Route on Map
- If you're coming southbound on Mopac, take the exit towards FM 2244 and Rollingwood.
- Continue on the frontage road and take a slight left U-turn at the Bee Cave intersection.
- Continue towards Barton Springs Road and take a left on Stratford Drive to access the parking lot under the Mopac Bridge.
- The address in Google Maps is "Parking Lot, Stratford Dr. Austin, Texas 78746.”